1. If Moon or Lagna Rashi is Vargottama and aspected by four or more planets, the native becomes king if he is born in kingly family. (Obviously if aspecting planets are friendly to the aspected Planet or sign and if these are strongly disposed, the powerful Raja-Yoga is bound to be generated).
2. The native will attain or inherit the kingly status in the directional period of most powerful planet forming the Raja-Yoga.
3. The Vargottama Moon or Lagna help the native to attain the kingly status if they receive the aspect of other planet (s).
4. Logically, whenever any Vargottama planet (other than Moon or Lagan point) will be aspected by other planet(s), auspicious results will also accrue according
to the signification of planet or Divisional Chart.
5. It may be worth nothing that the exalted planet gives good results when aspected by friendly planet (s). This is not the precondition for Vargottama planet that they should be aspected by a friendly planet (s). This means if a Vargottama planet is aspected by any planet(s), the auspicious results will accrue.
What is the concept of Vargottama?
As mentioned earlier in this article, the three basic constitutes which stimulate events in a nativity are:
(1) Houses (Bhavas)
(2) Signs (Rashis)
The native obtains the results through houses, but with the active assistance of signs and planets. The results of any planetary configuration or yogas are felt by the native through the Bhavas (houses) only.
In the above context, the concept of Vargottama may be understood as under:-
1. The planet is called Vargottama, when placed in same zodiacal sign in any two Vargas. However, if planets become Vargottama either in Sign/Navamsa charts or in Sign/Dreshkanna charts, they become comparatively more auspicious and capable to confer Raja-Yoga provided other conditions prevail (such as aspect of other planets).
2. If Lagna Bhava of two Vargas obtains the same sign, this is called Varga Vargottama, as all houses in both Vargas will fall in same signs.
3. Similarly, if a planet is in same house (Bhava) in the two Vargas, it also enhances the auspicious results of these two Vargas according to specific portfolios of the concerned Vargas, and these planets are called Bhava Vargottama.
The first two classification of Vargottama are commonly discussed in Jatak Granth’s and subsequent astrological literature. But, the third version of Vargottama, which is even more powerful and equally important, does not get the attention it deserves.
This may have happened mainly on account of the reason because a group of astrologers, in last 1500 years, started suggesting number of ways for the construction of houses. These methods are at variance with the method suggested by Maharishi Parasara, sage Satyacharya and Acharya Varaha Mihira. The method advocated by Parasara is already explained in this article. I have made this study based on some specific fundamental principles, norms and rules. These rules are based on the dictums of Vedic Astrology and are elaborated below:
1. Signs and houses are inseparable from each other. In all varga (divisional) charts, each house will be owned by a planet. The rising (ascending point) falling in the sign will become the ascendant of the respective varga chart.
2. The study is made based on Chitra Paksha Ayanamsa. This Ayanamsa value could be obtained by deducting about 56” from the value of Lahiri Ayanamsa for the years 1950 to 2050 AD. The astronomical definition of Chitra Paksha Ayanamsa is given below:
“When mean / true tropical longitude of star Chitra (Spica 16 – Virgins) is reduced by 180º, the remainder will be the mean / true value of Chitra Paksha Ayanamsa of the date. “
3. True longitudes of Rahu / Ketu are adopted in this study.
4. The presence of other auspicious yogas will enhance the good results and vice versa.
5. The principle of Argala and Upchaya will play important role in predicting the events .e.g a malefic Vargottama planet in 3rd house will enhance the significance of concerned varga chart,e.g. if such planet in bhava vargottama in D 1 and D-24, this planet will enhance educational prospects.
6. Vargottama malefic planets in 3rd and 6th houses show beneficial results. If planet is benefic and placed in these houses, the good results may not occur easily.
7. The Vimshottari Dasa is adopted in this study. The events occur in major, sub or sub-sub periods of Vargottama planets.
8. Whenever a planet is in sign vargottama, it enhances auspicious results connected with its own signification as well as the significance of concerned varga chart. If vargottama planet is aspected by other planet(s), it may help to generate Rag-Yoga.
9. Similarly, if Ascendant of two Vargas fall in same sign and aspected by planets in both vargas, it helps the native to enhance the status of the native with the help of signification and portfolio of two concerned Vargas, e.g. a house Vargottama planet in D-9 and D-4 charts, may indicate acquisition of property and fortune with the help of spouse or in-laws family.
10. When a planet is in House Vargottama, it helps to acquire the benefit results according to signification of the Vargas. e.g. If a planet is in Bhava Vargottama in D-1/D-9, it may help in marriage, in case of D-1/D-10 chartrise in professional status, in D-24 success in education and so on.
11. This study is made based on Vimshottari dasa system, therefore, the planetary aspects are considered as per dictums of Laghu-Parasari. All the nine planets will aspect seventh house. Mars, Jupiter and Saturn have special aspects. Mars aspects 4th and 8th houses also, Jupiter 5th and 9th houses and Saturn 3rd and 10th houses, in addition to their seventh house aspect.
12. As per the dictum of Laghu-Jataka, Raja-Yogas are examined vis-à-vis Vargottama planets and signs. The Raja-Yoga will become operative if other planet(s) aspect the Vargottama planets and/or signs. If the aspecting planets are in some kind of sambandha (mutual relation-ship) the Raja-Yoga will be stronger, auspicious and lasting. The Sambandha of three kinds are considered in this study
(a) mutual aspect
(b) exchange of signs
(c) conjunction of planets in one sign.